Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Silat Doesn’t Teach Attacking Moves?

Silat Doesn’t Teach Attacking Moves?


I got from another blog about silat..

Based on my observation, I noticed that many Silat organizations (in Malaysia) do not teach their students how to attack their opponents. Most Silat groups only emphasize on self defense. (Please correct me if I’m wrong.)

Last saturday I met a Silat instructor whom I considered has opened my eyes. In his Silat style, not only he teaches his students how to defend themselves, he also teaches them how to attack.

According to this instructor, attacking is as important as defending. Imagine a situation where somebody holds your sister, what will you do? Waiting for the attacker to hit you first? This is why learning how to attack is very important.

Ever heard of this: “The Best Defence is Attack”?

No comments: